With the increasing awareness of sustainability across every aspect of life, it has become hard for brands to deny its importance in the business sphere as well. With more and more customers jumping in on the sustainability bandwagon, and growing competition across different industries, businesses are striving to stand out in the right way.
Let’s take a look at how sustainability concerns are impacting brands and their customers, and what the sustainable brand image is all about.
Why is it important for brands to foster sustainability?
Many businesses are now trying to create a sustainable brand image mainly by transforming their marketing techniques. Creating a sustainable brand image is beneficial for the following reasons:
1. It helps in boosting sales:
The higher brands make a conscious effort to enhance sustainability and ethical practices throughout their business, the better their sales will be. This is because many consumers are actively looking for brands that do so, and this claim is strengthened by the new sustainable initiatives introduced by fashion giants like Louis Vuitton and Gucci.
2. It is going to be relevant in the future:
The rising sustainability concern is not a fad that is going to be forgotten in a few years. People are realizing that the planet’s health is in jeopardy and are trying their best to curb the damages. Therefore, a sustainable brand image will be as beneficial in the future as it is at present.
3. It helps in keeping up with and standing out from the crowd:
Reports show that around 90% of business executives believe that sustainability is important. Moreover, many businesses are going the extra mile to enhance sustainability in their businesses. As such a situation persists, brands that do not meet customer demand for sustainability will be left behind. It has therefore become crucial for brands to promote sustainability if they want to attract and retain customers and ensure the longevity of their businesses.
4. It enhances customer trust and loyalty:
Customers are naturally going to be attracted to a brand that is making the world a better place through their sustainable practices. Also, most customers like to stick to a brand that matches their values through thick and thin. Therefore, building a sustainable brand image is essential to boost brand reputation and loyalty.
How can brands create a sustainable image effectively?
Creating a sustainable brand image might seem like a mammoth task, and it can turn out to be exactly that when done manually. However, with the introduction of cutting edge technology like blockchain, businesses now have a feasible and effective solution to the problem, and can conveniently create an ideal brand image to portray to customers.
For instance, powered by the immense potential of blockchain, the Authlink platform offers brands a convenient way to polish up their image on par with their sustainable motives. The process is made extremely simple with digital tools like Authlink Smart Tags and product NFTs. The following are the ways in which Authlink helps in creating a sustainable brand image:
- It enables easy digital access to a brand’s sustainability information for customers. Consumers can get the right information with a simple smartphone scan.
- A major aspect of improving sustainability is enhancing customer involvement. Brands can do so by establishing direct relationships with consumers using Authlink Customer Connect. Also, businesses can digitally guide customers on the most sustainable ways to use and dispose of their products.
- Brands can automate a number of processes along the supply chain and manage them digitally with Authlink. This is a great way to boost sustainability in the long run.